The major change added to SEISAN in version 12.0 is the new phase line format, please find detailed description in 1.2.1.
- Program NOR2NOR2, converts between new and old Nordic formats.
- NOR2QML - A online service to convert NORDIC format to and from QuakeML,
see page . There is also a Java script included which
does the same called nor2qml or qml2nor.
- SELECT has changed waveform name search to a general search of
a text string in whole file, optionally case independent.
Program SELECTC has now been removed since the new SELECT can do the same.
- HYP can optionally do a grid search (3D) at end of iterations to find
if the solution is in a local minimum. If so it then starts again iterating from the
global minimum. Controlled by RESET TEST parameters.
- A plugin for the iLoc program has been implemented,
see page .
- The definition of archive with ARC_CHAN2 now makes it easier to
setup virtual networks, and allows for definition of different archive paths, see ARC_ARCHIVE2.
- A new program CHANGE_RESP_NAMES to fix RESP file names for
missing or wrong location and network codes.
- Automatic amplitude can now also be used in multi trace mode.
- SELECT can use moment tensor as selection criteria.
- HypoDD has been included, all platforms. A turorial is included.
- Program WAVASC has been added, makes 2 column ASCII file from any waveform file format.
- Program MERGE_S has been added to merge S-file catalogs and remove duplicate phases.
- Program IMSNOR has been added. program for converting IMS and ISF format files, more complete than NORIMS. It also supports the new ISF2 format.
- EEV option US added to make and update ID lines
- Program VELNOR has been added, for converting Velest cnv file to Nordic.
- Program PLOTPHASE to plot seismogram around P/S for quick inspection, command QP in EEV.
- Program AUTOREG can get all input from prompt line and can register
one waveform file without filenr.lis.
- CONDET can now detect, extract waveform files and register events in S-file data base copy waveform files in one operation.
- Place name file for EPIMAP and MACROMAP has changed format.
- EEV has got a new command GEO to put place names into S-file using a placename file in DAT.
- A summary email can now be sent from EEV with command EMAILSUM using a different email list from EMAIL command. It can optionally automatically put in an epicenter map made with MAP or MAPG.
MAP and MAPG several new options including plotteing rays traces.
- NORGMT has been replaced with a new program of the same name.
- SE does not need to be recompiled on Linux, a static version is supplied.
- A new program MAGRES to calculate average magnitude station residuals.
- A new program HYP_COUNT_PHASES to calculate number of rays in different layers.
- A new section on using HYP grid search for crustal structure, with example and help programs (see page 38.2).
- Calculation of RMS in HYP for back azimuth observations has changed such that residual
equal to RESET TEST(52) is equivalent to 1 sec travel time residual, this was not correct before.
- Calculation of local magnitude now allows for additional near source correction.
- New command IM in EEV for changing the eventid information, like E.
- The quarry command now can also copy quarry information to the S-file.
- The DELS command has several new options.
- This version was compiled with gfortran/gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-44) (GCC).
Older changes are listed in Appendic E.
Peter Voss 2022-08-29T10:10Z | Please contact email@example.com regarding the webpage, it is hosted by The Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS) | xxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyy